It is a sandbox type gameplay, so you can do whatever you want. What in particular? Well... for example:
- sail on several types of the ships
- discover new lands, people, species, mysteries, civilisations
- meet the creatures which was supposed to not exist
- build the infrastructure, like mines, plantations or forts
- carry a cargo or the people for the money
- hire sailors, officers and the most sober captains
- fight the naval battles: use your guns or board the enemy ships
- pursue or flee
- sell your trophies to the merchant or to the other players
- use plenty of very interesting, 18th century stuff
- deal with the unstable weather from calm to hurricane
- face the unexplained phenomena
- gamble in taverns
- drink all kinds of alcohol
Not very boring, right?
But bear in mind you should not only have a fun, but there are also some duties! You should at least try to win the game!
How to win the game then?
You just need to be elected as the Governor. As simple as that!
And how to achieve that?
- collect the trophies to win the elections, try to be popular;
- take the mythical conquistadors' treasure out of... conquistadors. People will love you instantly.
- explore and seize enough number of islands to rule that foggy sea.
This is not a game about the pirates.
... in the reality, overwhelmingly violent, evil, ruthless, and degenerate bandits. They weren't too bright, but harmed innocent people without any scruple, not hesitating to rape and torture as well, just to get the money they haven't earned.
The likes of them are still alive today, and you wouldn't want to meet any of them most probably...
That is why...
This is the game about brave Sailors, Officers, Masters & Commanders, who dare to enter uncharted waters and face whatever they'll encounter out there.
Game's plot is firmly set in the 18th century,
arguably the best period of the age of sail, and when the world's greatest powers were on the edge of a global conflict
time 2,5 - 4h
players: 1 - 4
Exploration cards (60+)
Sea adventures cards (40+)
Tavern cards (40+)
How to play?
Events cards (35+)
Action cards (100+)
Share your thoughts